Friday, March 20, 2020
• Transactions continue to be processed without interruption.
• Management continues to discuss several times each day the state of affairs and how we can best serve you. SPCU recognizes the importance to remain open– especially on pay days. Because we serve an essential need for you, we will remain open an extra hour on Thursdays that are a pay day (the next one is March 26th) and on retirement pay day (the last day of the month). We wish to ensure that your financial needs and requirements are fulfilled.
• While our lobby is closed, we are open 8:30 – 4:15. You will be able to speak to a staff member during these hours. As a reminder, if you have a loan or financial question that needs extra attention, we would be happy to set up an appointment with you. We recognize time is important to everyone and will accommodate you to a time that is convenient for all.
• Our reserves remain extremely strong. We maintain enough cash to weather any and all requests made by our members. Federally insured credit unions offer a safe place for credit union members to save money. All deposits at federally insured credit unions are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union. Additional information on NCUA share insurance coverage for consumers is available at MyCreditUnion.gov.
• We will suspend operations at our Midpoint office temporarily. Due to the setup of the office, it is a detriment to the policy of “social distancing”.
• Loans continue to be reviewed and approved daily. For your convenience, you can start a loan application online on www.cspcu.org As a reminder, real estate loans that require the usage of outside vendors (e.g. home appraisal) might be delayed as we cannot control outside companies and the health of their employees.
• You can always “call ahead” (800-310-7728) for a specific transaction, such as a check or a cash withdrawal; and we will have it ready for you.
• Our online or mobile banking systems can provide services for you as well. Inquiries, reminders, withdrawals, even remote deposit capture (cell phone needed) can all be done without having to leave your home.
• If you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19, please contact us at 800-310-7728. We have several options that can assist. For example, we offer a Skip a Payment program to members in good standing. We have expanded this service to all loans, including real estate loans. We are temporarily offering this fee free. The form is located on our website under the Borrow tab. Please call us for further assistance. Remember, we are family and we are in this together.
We greatly appreciate everyone respecting the decision to close the lobby. Thus far, it is working very well and has limited exposure to our staff greatly. We continue to pledge to serve you in the same way as before this pandemic. Most importantly, stay safe and healthy.